31 Aug Special Exhibit at Meadow Croft
Posted at 19:18h in Uncategorized
Bayport Heritage Association
is proud to announce a special exhibit:
Twenty-five talking machines, with their elaborate horns, are currently on exhibit at the 1891 summer estate home of
John E Roosevelt.
Thomas Alva Edison invented the machine in the late 19th century. This special exhibit at Meadow Croft, from a private collection, displays some examples from Edison’s first tin-foil phonograph to today’s iPod player.
“His Master’s Voice” and the little dog “Nipper”, became the world-famous logo of the RCA Victor Talking Machine Company.
Meadow Croft is open for public tours
every Saturday and Sunday,
2pm through October.
The estate is located at 299 Middle Road in Sayville, immediately east of St. Ann’s Church.